Laundry & Linen Manager
Laundry & Linen Manager
The Manager Laundry & Linen Service performs highly complex laundry services supervisory work. This work involves supervising laundry staff; planning laundering schedules; ensuring the proper use and maintenance of equipment; maintaining records of operations; preparing reports. The Manager plans, assigns, and/or supervises the work of others. Works under limited supervision, with considerable latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment.
- Decides on the total inventory levels for linen, patient and staff apparel based on bed, patient and staff numbers under consideration of quality criteria.
- Plans linen, patient apparel and uniform replacement programs based on wear and tear.
- Plans and manages the full wash & replenishment cycle (wash, iron, repair, fold, pack and sterilize if required, deliver, collect) of linen as well as patient and staff apparel as per the quality standards set by the organization.
- Prepares work schedules for laundry plant and linen distribution based on above requirements.
- Approves washing formulae for various stained load categories (e.g. standard, soiled, sterile) in consultation with Infection Control Department.
- Responsible for the safe operation of all plant laundry equipment (tunnel washers, driers, ironers, folders), complying with organizational health and safety and infection control standards.
- Plans and executes preventative maintenance schedules with either maintenance providers (Engineering Department or outsourced supplier).
- Develops and documents safe operations procedures.
- Prepares annual operational and capital expenditure budgets.
- Ensures plant and equipment is operated in a safe and sensible way within manufacturer's manuals and guidelines.
- Establishes operational and strategic plans incorporating the capacity of business continuity in the case of adverse or serious events.
- Follows and, where necessary develops health and safety and security procedures in accordance with Hospital standards.
- Implements a system of keeping records on production (time, materials, cost), infection control and other benchmarks such as JCI.
- Oversees the performance management and performance development process for staff.
- Manages relationships with any outsourced service providers (e.g. outsourced staff, maintenance).
- Communicates with staff and stakeholders through the right channels in a professional manner.
- The majority of the work is performed in an air-conditioned office and hospital environment.
- Frequent visits in the production will be required.
- Minimum exposure to risk.
Applying for the job
There are various ways to apply for this position:
- Apply direct from the website (www.tecgroup.net) by clicking "apply now"
- Contact the consultant directly:
About LA Recruitment
We are LA Recruitment. We are international recruitment specialists. We are the link between highly-specialised industries and the professionals that make them work. Expert consultants, a global network of offices and the latest technology allow us to join the dots in the talent process.
LA Recruitment supports the Scientific, Engineering and Energy sectors. We have completed assignments in over 60 countries and support projects all over the world through our subsidiaries and partners.