The NFPS iFEED Brownfield Specialist will be responsible for broad technical and execution surveillance of the FEED/EPC contractor's engineering execution effort from the date of contract award through completion of FEED/EPC. This includes stewardship of Offshore and Onshore Brownfield Construction activities are undertaken in accordance with project needs in general and in compliance with project safety, quality, schedule and cost objectives in particular, key work processes/procedures, Lessons Learned, and resolution/closure of technical action items from formal assessments and project reviews. Interfaces cross-functionally within the Project Team to align on objectives and Brownfield execution plans. Executes special projects or initiatives as assigned by Head of Brownfield to facilitate project management.
- Provide overall engineering and project management leadership and expertise.
- Maintains close liaison with Head Brownfield and PMT counterparts and gains alignment on Brownfield execution needs, objectives, and requirements.
- Supports the preparation and stewardship of Brownfield scope of work in contract and drives design critical studies, as required, to optimize project cost and schedule.
- Supports for maintaining technical alignment with Operations.
- Coordinates Brownfield Management data for the monthly progress reporting and stewardship.
- Ensures quality assurance and production timing of the Brownfield deliverables is in accordance with the approved project execution schedule.
- Supports the timely delivery of technical attachments and scope description to facilitate all purchase orders and owns interfaces with vendor/subcontractors for deliverable completion.
- Supports Facilities engineering design in accordance with the project's change management program.
- Responsible for being knowledgeable of lessons learned from previous projects with the same contractor and capturing and communicating engineering and project management lessons learned for the current project.
- Assesses contractor capability and ensures Head Brownfield is well informed to take remedial action.
- Supports Brownfield schedule and assigned critical milestones (LLI procurement, engineered equipment procurement; ROS dates, Brownfield planning, System Completion deliverables, etc); develops and stewards recovery plans to address any schedule delays.
- Supports the FEED contractor's activities with respect to Brownfield execution including:
- Validates all affected parties are familiar with Brownfield execution plans, procedures, objectives, and overall job requirements.
- Validates that the FEED contractor employs the appropriate engineering execution design tools, including computer hardware and software.
- Validates that the FEED contractor adheres to all appropriate specifications and standards.
- Validates that the FEED contractor provides all contract documents, including those referred to in the contract.
- Reinforcing the requirement for the FEED contractor to control the work, i.e. accurate and timely progress measurement and reporting.
- Validates FEED contractor compliance with design verification processes.
- Supports the FEED contractor's engineering and design organization with respect to:
- Compliance with company policies for prevention of information brokering and compliance with business standards guidelines.
- Engineering and design procedures, processes, and deliverables.
- Resolution of FEED contractor's engineering claims, if any.
- Leads and/or cooperates with review teams and supports post-audit activities with respect to contract administration and subcontracting.
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical, Chemical or Civil & Structural Engineering or equivalent.
- Minimum of fifteen (15) years experience with broad experience of projects, engineering and operations in Offshore and Onshore Brownfield Engineering and Construction. International working experience is necessary and with more Offshore Brownfield experience is preferred.
- Broad and extensive knowledge of:
- Design standards, specifications, codes, and appropriate safety criteria
- Offshore facilities and Brownfield construction, and operations
- Engineering and Construction administration
Applying for the job
There are various ways to apply for this position:
- Apply direct from the website (www.tecgroup.net) by clicking "apply now"
- Contact the consultant directly:
About LA Recruitment
We are LA Recruitment. We are international recruitment specialists. We are the link between highly-specialised industries and the professionals that make them work. Expert consultants, a global network of offices and the latest technology allow us to join the dots in the talent process.
LA Recruitment supports the Scientific, Engineering and Energy sectors. We have completed assignments in over 60 countries and support projects all over the world through our subsidiaries and partners.