Planning Specialist (Fabrication)
* The Planning Specialist is responsible for the Project Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC) Contract(s) schedule and all aspects of the Progress Measurement System at the Fabrication Yard (Site). This includes development, maintenance, monitoring, controlling and integration of the EPC schedule(s) at the Fab Yard, including verification and reporting.
* Ensuring that all activities comply with standardized processes and are delivered to the highest possible standards.
* Understanding the key project drivers to ensure delivery of project within the agreed timeframe.
* Short deadlines and high pressure to deliver completed staff works.
* Ensures highest level of Project Management Team satisfaction by providing, within corporate standards, quality services and amenities.
* Major challenges are time management to carry out various activities and/or assessments related to schedule, progress measurement and change management.
* Tertiary qualifications and/or professional registration in a relevant business, science or engineering discipline.
* Preferred Bachelor of Business Management degree or equivalent experience.
* Minimum of 10 years' experience in project scheduling and controls for EPC oil and gas facilities capital projects / operating companies
* Thorough and extensive knowledge of project controls principles, theories, and concepts.
* At least five (5) years site/field scheduling experience.
* Experience developing work methods and form several alternative methods in accordance to established Company policies, directives from Management, schedules and professional engineering standards.
* Good troubleshooting skills.
* Ability to adapt to tight deadlines, heavy workloads, and frequent changes in priorities.
* Excellent communication skills and ability to read, write, and speak fluent English.
* Able to work within a defined role with limited supervision.
* Willing and able to travel as required.
* Good written and oral English language skills.
* Computer literacy (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
* Proficient in the use of PRIMAVERA (P6) / MS PROJECT planning software, Excel and Power Point.
* Well-developed interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate with several organisational levels.
* Deliver in a schedule driven project.