LNG Tank Engineering Head (EPC-2)
- Responsible for overseeing all engineering aspects of LNG Tanks with the EPC Contractor including design, materials, equipment, fabrication and execution. Ensures all technical requirements such as tank specifications, data sheets, design and construction procedures, etc. developed during EPC fully comply with project requirements and EPC schedules. Provide clear guidance to the EPC contractor and facilitate resolution of all technical issues associated with the LNG tanks design and construction to meet project objectives and milestones.
Key Job Accountabilities (Max 10, each unique, exclude generic)
Provides engineering knowledge, design, quality assurance, leadership and expertise on LNG tanks while supervising EPC Contractor's design in accordance with design specifications, project procedures and requirements.
Directs the preparation and stewardship of LNG storage tank engineering scope of work in EPC contract, advises and ensures design specifications, practices and procedures meet safety and industry standards, project cost and schedule.
Maintains close liaison with members of Engineering Team and alignment with the Engineering Manager on discipline needs, objectives, and requirements.
Accountable for ensuring execution of the LNG tank scope is technically aligned and in compliance with Client Operations, Policies, Standards of Business Conduct and Client Project Management System.
Manages EPC Contractor's mechanical and civil engineering activities related to LNG Tanks including validation of required resources, personnel qualifications and experience; usage of appropriate design tools, computer hardware and software; adherence with Client project requirements, specifications, standards, procedures, and design verification processes.
Assesses and validates EPC Contractor's (and Tank subcontractor if applicable) has the requisite technical expertize in carrying out the work, develop required documentation, progress measurement and reporting.
Oversee and manages with EPC contractor all technical aspects of LNG Tank design and materials procurement, vendor/subcontractor interfaces to meet timely delivery.
Responsible to monitor the LNG Tank engineering schedule and related milestones, provides data and recovery plans to address any technical issues or schedule delays
Accountable for knowledge of and sharing previous lessons learned, capturing and communicating current lessons learned to support review teams and future projects.
Review, update, and amend tank specifications and procedures to ensure that these documents and references are up to date and relevant.
- Bachelor Degree in Mechanical or Civil Engineering or equivalent.
Knowledge and/or Experience
- 15 years' experience at a senior engineering or advisory level with specific knowledge in LNG tanks technology, design and construction with a broad knowledge of engineering execution of onshore LNG facilities design, construction and operations.
Technical and Business Skills
- Excellent written and oral English skills.
- Strong organisational, planning and coordination skills.
- Strong technical, prioritisation and management skills.
- Good communication, influencing and interface skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite of software programs, etc.