Materials Specialist (EPC-1A)
- Responsible for overseeing EPC Materials Engineering for detailed design, procurement, installation, testing and commissioning. Ensures technical requirements (e.g. project specifications, data sheets, etc.) developed during FEED fully comply with project requirements and through effective collaborations and interfaces ensures process design considers the full production life cycle.
Key Job Accountabilities (Max 10, each unique, exclude generic)
Provides Materials engineering knowledge, design, quality assurance, leadership and expertise in accordance with project deliverables and approved execution schedule.
Directs the preparation and stewardship of materials engineering scope of work in EPC contract, advices and recommends design procedures, deliverables and alternative required, to optimize project cost and schedule.
Maintains close liaison with members of Engineering Team and alignment with the Engineering Manager on project engineering needs, objectives, and requirements.
Accountable for ensuring execution of work is technically aligned and in compliance with Client Operations, Policies, Standards of Business Conduct and Client Project Management System.
Stewards EPC Contractor's materials engineering activities including validation of personnel qualifications and experience; usage of appropriate design tools, including computer hardware and software; adherence with all project objectives, requirements, specifications, standards, procedures, execution plans and design verification processes.
Assesses and validates EPC Contractor capability in providing all contract documents, progress measurement and reporting and recommends additional technical support to address gaps.
Manages the technical attachments and scope descriptions to all fabrication and construction contracts and the timely delivery to all purchase orders.
Reviews the Masters Data Register (MDR) including creation and approval and owns the planning and scheduling of the materials engineering deliverables to enable efficient project execution.
Responsible for the Materials engineering schedule and related milestones, provides data (narrative, charts, graphs, change management recommendations and recovery plans to address any schedule delays) for monthly progress and stewardship reporting.
Accountable for knowledge of and sharing previous lessons learned, capturing and communicating current lessons learned to support review teams and future projects.
- Bachelor Degree in Materials Science or Equivalent
Knowledge and/or Experience
- 20 years' experience as a senior Materials Engineering with a broad knowledge of engineering execution including design standards, specifications, codes, safety criteria, onshore facilities design, construction and operations.
- LNG and sour gas materials selection and corrosion management experience is highly desireble
- EPC detailed design execution experience
Technical and Business Skills
- Excellent written and oral English skills.
- Strong organisational, planning and coordination skills.
- Strong technical, prioritisation and management skills.
- Good communication, influencing and interface skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite of software programs, Lotus Notes, etc.