Handover and Completion Division Manager
Job Description - Handover and Completion Division Manager
The position is responsible and accountable for all Hand-Over and Completion works and activities for the EPC-1 Contract from start of detailed design and engineering through construction activities at RLIC Site to hand-over to Operations Expansion and Start-up Department.
- First located at the EPC-1 Contractor home offices, for a period of about 18th to 24 months, the position shall then relocate to Site when the completion activities (Utilities) have started.
- The position reports to the EPC-1 Project Manager and have full delegation to undertake all works, activities and coordination pertaining to hand-over and completion.
- The position shall directly interact with its counterpart at EPC-1 Contractor on the premise that both COMPANY and EPC-1 Contractor organizations are "mirroring".
- The position includes a strong coordination and interaction with the Area Division Manager(s), quality, information management, engineering, construction and commissioning teams.
- The position includes strong coordination and interaction with the Head of Planning or Planning and Schedule Specialist in order to keep a close control on the schedule and key Project and Progress Milestones related to hand-over and completion activities, including associated database, documentation and certificates.
- The position includes strong coordination and interaction with the end-user and full support to the Project Manager EPC-1 at hand-over stages.
- Undertakes complex tasks and acts as a source of guidance to the Team and Stakeholders - bring solution and provide support but not generate "micro-management" or unnecessary works to the Team and/or the EPC-1 Contractor.
- Ability to identify problems quickly and determine root cause and develop plan to mitigate or resolve them.
- Ability to utilize a systematic approach to problems solving that ensures accuracy, timeliness and quality of documentation that supports the resolution.
- Takes initiative, based on experience to deliver timely results.
- Be inventive, in particular when at Site, to bring technical and execution solutions that favour a safe, but flawless construction execution and transition to commissioning activities.
Decision Making Authority and Responsibility:
- Full autonomy and initiative however accountability over scheduling and planning of the works within his area of expertise.
- Organize and drive efforts of the Team and Stakeholders to achieve Project objectives.
- Exercises judgment in making decisions; knows when to seek advice. Understands organizational authority and seeks appropriate line management approvals as required.
Knowledge Skills and Experience:
- Certified Engineer, Bachelor degree in engineering or project management.
- Minimum fifteen (15) years of experience as process engineer, systems engineer, commissioning engineer, including managing a team; either as client of contractor.
- Demonstrates sound written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate at all organizational levels, in particular when at Site.
- Fully conversant with specialized software and Systems Commissioning Database, organized and methodical.
- Experience with major and first tier EPC Contractors, Sub-contractors and Vendors involved in the oil and gas industry.
- Demonstrate ability and sensitivity to work with people from a variety of cultural backgrounds.
- Capabilities to take workload and meet deadlines.
- Certified Engineer, Bachelor degree in engineering.
Knowledge and/or Experience
- More than fifteen (15) years in Project Execution, with a strong background in commissioning, hand-over and completion activities of large green field construction activities.
- Proven experience with Advanced Work Packaging (AWP) methodology and systems completion management and associated databases (SCDB).
- Experience with multi-cultural type Projects.
- Experience with LNG Projects.
Technical and Business Skills
- Technical background as a discipline engineer, preferably process and experience as a Project Engineer, Commissioning Engineer or Manager, with solid Project Execution experience.