The main purpose of the Workshop Supervisor is to oversee all workshop activities, ensuring policies, procedures and workshop routing processes are followed.
- Carry out general Workshop duties as required by the company.
- Repair and maintain lifting equipment in accordance with company and statutory regulations
- Conduct Tool Box talks to advance operational efficiency and safety improvement
- Assist Project Manager in despatch of lifting equipment (Test, QC)
- Develop and maintain competency levels of Workshop personnel
- Collate product quarantine reports on lifting equipment returned in BER condition
- Ensure all Lifting Equipment is appropriately QC inspected and TPI certified prior to loading into Rigging lofts for despatch
- Assist TPI certification when on site
- Must have at least Level 1 LEEA training
- LEEA Diploma certificate preferred but not essential
- Must have minimum 3 years experience in maintenance and repair of lifting equipment but not limited to manual chain hoists, lever hoists, beam clamps and beam trolleys
- Prior experience and knowledge of Qatar lifting equipment contracts preferred
- Operational experience of lifting equipment is preferred but not essential
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Programmes
It is mandatory that the incumbent is familiar with HSEQ Policy and takes an active role in the compliance and improvement of the Integrated Management System. The incumbent must report any incidents, near misses, actual or potential problems with products, services or systems to their Line Manager.
The incumbent also has legal responsibilities under country-specific health and safety legislation to follow all Company processes and procedures and familiarise themselves with the emergency response arrangements applicable to them. The incumbent is also responsible for the health and safety arrangements of subordinates (if any) and for any persons visiting them while on the Company premises
Applying for the job
There are various ways to apply for this position:
- Apply direct from the website (www.tecgroup.net) by clicking "apply now"
- Contact the consultant directly:
About LA Recruitment
We are LA Recruitment. We are international recruitment specialists. We are the link between highly-specialised industries and the professionals that make them work. Expert consultants, a global network of offices and the latest technology allow us to join the dots in the talent process.
LA Recruitment supports the Scientific, Engineering and Energy sectors. We have completed assignments in over 60 countries and support projects all over the world through our subsidiaries and partners.