SHES LEAD OFFSITES Area
Lead of SHES OFFSITE Area
- Provide SHES direction, guidance and leadership to NFS Onshore EPC PMT and CONTRACTOR(s) for fieldwork within the assigned area.
- Perform oversight of CONTRACTOR(s) and effectively manage a team of SHES Specialists to ensure compliance with all Project & RLIC SHES requirements, and communicate and verify the effective resolution of SHES compliance issues.
- Take the lead in the site implementation and verification of the NFS Onshore EPC SHES Plans & Procedures through clear planning, formal communication and interface between all involved parties.
- Support the NFS Onshore EPC CONTRACTOR(s) in the preparation for site mobilization and to provide expert Safety, Health, Environment and Security (SHES) advice and guidance to all PMT and CONTRACTOR Project Area Division Managers, and disciplines during all phases of the Project, to achieve the Qatargas Mission to protect its people, assets and environment.
- Manage the relevant elements of the Project SHES Management system, its procedures and programs and ensures the effective and efficient implementation of risk control and mitigation measures at site in accordance with the requirements stipulated in the Contract Exhibit 5, Appendix III, SHES Instructions Part 1 to 5.
(Duties include but not limited to)
- Ensure the continual improvement of the CONTRACTOR SHES management system. Pro-active identification of negative trends which requires corrective action and remediation.
- This position is involved in the management and site implementation of Safety, Health, Environmental and Security throughout the project duration and collaborates with relevant departments, Area Division Managers and disciplines to protect the well-being of the project personnel.
- Job holder manages activities of assigned team, implements approved SHES objectives, develops solutions to SHES related issues using initiative, project procedures, best practices and personal knowledge and experience.
- Ability to work in a multi-faced/ multi-national organizational matrix with a variety of working relationships/ interfaces. Senior level position with broad technical and Environmental skills with working knowledge of project management.
Part B: Candidate Specification - Minimum Requirements
Technical and Business Skills
- Leadership skills.
- Excellent verbal and written English skills; confident and clear presentation development and delivery.
- Able to cope with excessive workload.
- Be inventive to bring new ideas, methods and procedures to meet Project objectives.
- Strong teamwork, facilitation, with the ability to communicate and interact at all levels of the organization
- Ability to work with diverse cultures to obtain a world-class SHES performance.
- Creates high quality and accurate output in a timely manner.
- Team player who can effectively collaborate within Project Teams and with external parties.
- Able to identify and analyse complex issues and provide recommendations.
- Establishes and sustains credibility with peers, subordinates and supervisors.
- Takes responsibility for own work products and can perform at high level without supervision.
- Computer literate, familiar working with Microsoft office applications.
- HSE related NVQ Level 5, NEBOSH National/International Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety, or higher (BSc, PgCert, PgDip, MSc).
- OHSAS 18001/ISO 45001 Lead Auditor.
- TapRoot® Advanced Root Cause Analysis Team Leader (or similar RCA tool).
Knowledge and/or Experience
- Minimum of ten (10) years relevant industry HSE experience.
- International project experience with Tier-1 EPC Contractors or Client, involved in the construction of onshore production facilities (i.e. greenfield and brownfield work).
- Sound knowledge of the project execution process in large-scale project environments (expenditure >US$ 1 Bn).
LA Recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.