The QA/QC Engineer is a project-specific quality focal point, interfacing with the client's project stakeholders and contractors to ensure QA/QC compliance for effective handover.
This role is responsible to ensure effective implementation of the client's project quality assurance and quality control management system throughout engineering, procurement and construction project phases, including coordination of third party inspection activities. Reporting functionally to the Lead QA/QC Engineer and directly to the clients PMT, the QA/QC Engineer provides ongoing leadership and support to ensure project compliance.
Main Duties/ Accountabilities:
- Understand and promote the clients QA/QC requirements and compliance expectations.
- Support the interface relationships between applicable project stakeholders.
- Establish and support proactive and collaborative working relationships with Engineering Consultants and EPC contractors, and applicable third party organizations.
- Review the project scope of work, to determine the nature, extent and frequency of quality verification activities
- Lead and participate in assigned quality verification activities.
- Coordinate the project quality team meetings, and report project QA/QC metrics to the PMT and the Lead QA/QC Engineer.
- Review contractor/ supplier quality deliverables for conformance to the client's quality requirements and expectations (I.E. Material Requisitions, PQP, PEP, ITP, WPS, WQT, Criticality Rating assessments and QA/QC procedures).
- Chair Pre-Inspection Meetings to ensure that the quality requirements and expectations are fully understood and implemented prior to commencement of work activities.
- Coordinate site and workshop inspection activities, and assign adequate inspection resources to effectively measure conformance to requirements.
- Coordinate the assignment of third party inspectors to represent the client at offsite manufacturing/ service facilities.
- Responsible for project punch-list coordination and close-out prior to mechanical acceptance.
- Ensures mechanical acceptance, and completion of applicable pre-commissioning and commissioning activities related to PMD projects.
- Review and interpret RT films and provide expert opinion regarding the scope and extent of defects and, potential remedial actions, where applicable.
- Implement and uphold the client's health, safety and environment requirements throughout project execution.
Knowledge Skills and Experience:
- 15 years demonstrated experience in the oil and gas industry, with particular focus on brownfield and Greenfield projects, including tie-ins and modifications to existing facilities.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering (or suitable alternative, with demonstrated knowledge and experience)
- Capable to lead the QA/QC input during development of technical requisitions, and shall be suitably experienced to provide technical support during project procurement phase for effective management of quality-related matters. Similarly, the candidate shall demonstrate proven technical capabilities to implement the construction QC program, and to oversee and motivate EPC contractor's QC performance to achieve successful project quality outcomes.
- Extensive knowledge of mechanical, welding, civil, structural, E&I QA/QC processes and techniques.
- CSWIP level III Senior Welding Inspector (3.2 certificate), or equivalent.
- Certified Lead Auditor (IRCA) with extensive experience in leading QMS audits of EPC projects.
- Broad experience in conducting quality assurance assessments of engineering, procurement, engineering and construction processes.
- Specific experience in conducting Procurement and Construction Surveillance Assessments to measure the efficiency of the procurement process, and compliance with contractual quality requirements.
- Proven QC inspection, coordination and leadership skills.
- Experienced in leading a team of multi-disciplined inspectors (Civil, Piping, Welding, Electrical & Instrumentation and Coating/Insulation)
- Knowledge of applicable Codes/ Standards (eg: ISO:9001, ASME, API, ASNT, NACE, AWS, BS, QCS, EN 10204).
- Proven ability to implement procedures related to the quality management system including project quality plans, execution plans, procurement plans, materials criticality ratings, etc.
- Proven source-inspection coordination skills, including expediting experience for critical/long-lead materials.
- Excellent written and oral English language skills.
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills, and a demonstrated ability to work as a team member under tight project schedule constraints.
- Good adaptability to a multinational environment, with wide exposure to various cultures and customs.
- Validated experience in practical aspects of welding technology, inspection, NDT and materials selection in a relevant position within the oil and gas/ power and energy industry sectors.
- Experienced in coating specifications and inspection.