£40,000 - £47,000 (neg)
We are working in partnership with the leading engineering contractor to Defence, energy, telecommunications, transport and education sectors. With a workforce of over 25000, they build, manage, operate and maintain assets across the globe. This role will be working within the Marine Business unit who are going through a massive period of growth from a £100m business into a £200mil business increasing their staff by 300.
The Marine Business unit is looking for a Project Manager to:
- Provide professional day to day management of an operational group within Business Unit.
- Ensure that all resource within the department is suitably qualified and experienced to undertake designated work.
- Manage defined projects to ensure that they are delivered to time cost and quality.
- Act as point of contact with customers at all stages of assigned projects.
- Ensure appropriate governance is applied across all activities within sphere of responsibility ensuring all quality procedures and systems adhered to.
- Apply continuous improvement methodology to all activities undertaken.
- Chair and represent the business at design, technical and commercial reviews as required.
- Work with the senior project manager to ensure effective succession plan exist for the department.
- Support the development of company policy and strategy.
- Support the development of new business and customer focus.
- Support the development of budget plans and contribute to the tendering process.
- Communicate with staff, subcontractors, business partners & customers.
- Create and maintain good working relationships within teams, customers and business partners.
The successful candidate is required to have significant experience in a drawing office environment and experience of ship and submarine systems. Candidates are also expected to have good knowledge of the Marine Technology space with knowledge of MoD working practices.
Qualifications & Requirements
Qualified to HND/HNC level qualification in an engineering discipline with extensive marine experience will be considered;
Ideally qualified to APM Level D or equivalent or ILM Level 5 or equivalent
Key Technical Skills and Experience:
Experience of working in engineering design in a drawing office environment
Practical experience of ensuring a safe working environment within health and safety policies and procedures
Budget management experience
Experience of managing large complex projects
Key Interpersonal and Behavioural Skills
Effective management and motivation of engineering and designer teams
Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
Excellent team player who develops effective working relationships
Ability to capture and focus on customer requirements
Results driven to ensure work is delivered to time and quality
Confident presentation skills
Experienced people manager
Experience of working in an engineering design office
Ability to manage large complex projects with multi-disciplined teams
Ability to deliver all projects under remit to time, cost and quality
Experience of producing project reports as required by the business
Successful candidates will need to satisfy Ministry of Defence security requirements and may be required to complete a medical assessment.
The role will be in an environment regulated by Trade Control legislation and involve working with controlled goods, technology and/or services. This may require you to meet enhanced security and regular screening checks.
Candidates must be eligible to work in the UK without restriction.
25 days annual leave
Share Save Scheme
Childcare Voucher Scheme
Cycle to work Scheme
Applying for the job
There are various ways to apply for this position:
- Apply direct from the website by clicking "apply now"
- Contact the consultant directly on Elliot Fry +44 (0)208 544 3425 -
About TEC Group International
We are TEC Group. We are international recruitment specialists. We are the link between highly-specialised industries and the professionals that make them work. Expert consultants, a global network of offices and the latest technology allow us to join the dots in the talent process.
TEC Group International supports the Scientific, Engineering and Energy sectors. We have completed assignments in over 60 countries and support projects all over the world through our subsidiaries and partners.