Post Doctoral Fellow - Bioinformatics (NGS)
The Post Doctoral Fellow - Bioinformatics (NGS) post is within a defined project interrogating HLA transcriptomics. The MHC genomic region is highly complex and requires specialized tools for analysis of expression. The role is involved in the use of diverse tools to analyze the different NGS (Next Generation Sequencing) data, in terms of alignment, analysis, and quality control. S/he also performs population genetics and phenotype associations. Advanced bioinformatics skills, a basic understanding of biology as well as statistical knowledge are required. The candidate is expected to work independently, to have critical thinking, and stay up to date with scientific literature. S/he will also contribute to paper writing and presentation of his/hers work internally and internationally.
- Conducts bioinformatics analysis on NGS genomics and transcriptomics data from different platforms.
- Troubleshoots problems by investigating different methods, being innovative, and staying on top of scientific literature.
- Completes the objectives of the project.
- Performs statistical analysis and modeling and, if needed, database development.
- Documents the analysis done and results, routinely and accurately, in the form of logs, codes, text, and graphs.
- Cultivates relationships with colleagues to widen his knowledge and expertise.
- Communicates results/findings to the relevant scientific community via published papers.
- Presents ongoing work and findings to colleagues both local and in academic conferences.
- Adheres to the firm's standards as they appear in the Code of Conduct and Conflict of Interest policies.
- PhD degree in bioinformatics or relevant field