Mechanical Lifting Equipment Engineer
Mechanical Lifting Equipment Engineer
Plant QA/QC Section
QA/QC & Corrosion Division
Job Description - Mechanical Lifting Equipment Engineer
Part A: Job Specification
? To function as Subject Matter Expert (SME) for all Lifting
Equipment related matters, inspection/certification, and to coordinate
with TPI agency and end users, to manage and resolve
day-to-day technical queries/issues pertaining to Lifting
? Reports to the Lead/Head of Plant QA/QC
? Supports Maintenance Services and Plant Engineering Projects.
? Frequent contact with Shutdown Team and Workshop Team for
resolving any Lifting Equipment issues.
Key Job Accountabilities
1. He shall be responsible, competent and capable of successfully managing the Lifting
Equipment Inspection/certification contract.
2. Coordinating for Lifting equipment Bi-annual inspection/certification program and Ad-hoc
inspection certification requirements.
3. Responsible for organising and scheduling of Third Party Lifting equipment certification
for all Company lifting equipment as per Company policy.
4. Supervises the activities of Lifting Equipment Engineers / Inspectors and performs
supervisory duties at the level established for the position.
5. Liaising with maintenance team and Crane Inspectors / Crane and Lifting Gears
Inspection representatives on a daily basis
6. Follow-up with Asset owners for implementation of inspection recommendations of Lifting
7. Report compliance to programmed inspection, and testing activities for all lifting
equipment on a monthly basis and endorse exceptions.
8. Undertake evaluation, calculation and provide competent technical design reviews, audit
support and advice for any requirements related to lifting equipment or their operation.
9. Provide technical consultation/clarification on the Lifting equipment implementation
program and Lifting Equipment Manual.
10. Review the technical documents such as PR description of new lifting equipment, Asset
Owners' technical queries, Lifting Equipment Procedure revision, etc. and provide
suitable report for implementation.
11. Conducts awareness Training program related to Lifting requirements as per Company
policies to Maintenance/Shutdown and other Contractor personnel.
12. Prepare Annual plan for Lifting Equipment inspection, identify, calculate, and report key
performance indicator (KPIs) applicable to the Lifting Equipment Management System.
13. Review the technical process for all lifting equipment procurement actions to ensure
lifting equipment conforms to specifications
14. Act as Subject matter expert in development of equipment strategies for lifting equipment
and provide support for implementation in SAP
15. Coordinate with Contractor for any Ad-Hoc Inspection / Testing / Certification requests
from Onshore and Offshore.
16. Reviews and approves critical Lifting Plans, Riggers/Rigging Supervisors and Operators.
17. Review/analyse Lifting Equipment Certification/ reports, Audit
findings/recommendations, test results, failure investigations etc. and provide
recommendations for corrective measures or actions.
18. Provide technical support with respect to Lifting Equipment installation/ certification and
handover from new Expansion & Mega Projects
19. Participates in RCFA, FRA sessions and provides required technical inputs.
Part B: Person Specification - Minimum Requirements
? Bachelor's degree in Mechanical or Equivalent Engineering.
? Possess Diploma from LIFTING EQUIPMENT ENGINEERS
ASSOCIATION (LEEA -UK) for lifting equipment certification
? 10 years' experience related to Lifting Equipment
management/certifications/Lifting plan reviews.
? Expert knowledge in Lifting Equipment
inspection/certification and Rigging activities.
? Working knowledge of International Codes & Standards,
Company specifications, statutory regulations related to
Technical and Business
? Excellent written and verbal communication skills
? Very good working knowledge in computer and able to
present in a clear concise manner at all levels