Lead Telecoms Engineer (EPC-2)
- Leads telecoms engineering activities for Client Onshore Projects, ensuring technical requirements (e.g. project specifications, data sheets, etc.) fully comply with project deliverables and standardised processes and are delivered to the highest standards. Steward telecoms engineering activities to ensure quality and timely delivery of Instruments & Controls engineering scope. Drive the EPC contractor by providing clear guidance and facilitating resolution to issues to complete Instruments & Controls engineering activities.
Key Job Accountabilities (Max 10, each unique, exclude generic)
- Ensure telecoms engineering activities are conducted in accordance with project specifications and approved variations if any. Accoutable for a quality design of telecoms engineering deliverables, including design safety aspects and execution planning of telecoms field activities
- Drive work execution, ensuring technical alignment and quality with various disciplines stakeholders from both PMT and EPC Contractor. Provides guidance to EPC contractor to complete Telecom design as per project specifications in a timely manner and provide clear direction when project instructions or specifications are not clear
- Manage the purchase order with the EPC Contractor and System Vendors in accordance with the roles and responsibilities given in the contract to ensure safe and seamless integration of the systems without any disturbance to the existing operating facilities.
- Drive Contractor to develop plans and work schedules that ensure effective completion of project activities and provide data (narrative, charts, graphs), change management recommendations and recovery plans to address any schedule delays for monthly progress and stewardship reporting.
- Support multi-discipline activities providing I&C expertise to other disciplines as necessary, in support of completing activities within schedule and making appropriate recommendations to management on I&C issues.
- Key effort to support interfacing between key vendors and other EPC contractors to ensure quality and execution objectives are met.
- Provides field engineering support to construction and commissioning works to ensure field execution at site meets project plans.
- Bachelor Degree in Communication Engineering or equivalent
Knowledge and/or Experience
- 15 years' experience working in telecoms, in large Oil & Gas Facilities having broad knowledge of engineering execution including design standards, specifications, codes, safety criteria, onshore facilities design, construction and operations.
- Requires demonstrable design experience and hands on expertise with telecoms equipment and systems experience (OTN, UHF TETRAVHF radio Systems, IP Networks), security (access control, CCTV surveillance networks, fence intruder detection, ANPR), public/emergency announcement (PAGA), and networks (WANs, LANs, Industrial Wireless Networks Wiring, Routers, Switches, Servers etc), ship/shore communication systems, Hazardous area requirements (EExd, EEi, EExe). Shall be proficient in fibre optic cabling network design, copper cable networks and relevant infrastructure such as duct banks, cable / ladder tray designs. This shall include transition of design engineering to construction deliverables.
- Able to manage multiple, short timeframe, complex projects.
- Previous experience with Brownfield engineering and execution is desired
Technical and Business Skills
- Excellent written and oral English skills.
- Strong organisational, planning and coordination skills.
- Strong technical, prioritisation and management skills.
- Strong communication, influencing and interface skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite of software programs, Lotus Notes, etc.