Lead Planner - Business Support Team
The Lead Planner for the Business Support Team is responsible for the integration of Onshore Project EPC schedules and all aspects of Progress Measurement, monitoring, verification and reporting. This includes day-to-day activities for the development, maintaining, monitoring, controlling and integrating of the overall EPC schedule including putting in place the EPC progress measurement system, monitoring, verification and reporting
Provides overall project schedule, progress measurement, and change management expertise to the Onshore Project.
Reviews EPC Contractor's project control procedures (home office and field control procedures) to ensure that Company's requirements are met.
Reviews project changes to evaluate detail schedule impact; responsible for quantifying and incorporating the effect and impact of approved changes in the overall schedule for stewardship purposes.
Advises Project Controls Head and Project Leadership Team of any potential schedule issues and when necessary, provides guidance on, corrective action and measures to mitigate any adverse trends.
Reviews and checks EPC Contractor's progress reports for accuracy of progress measurement. Verifies, reviews and endorses claimed progress reported by EPC Contractor.
Reviews and endorses schedule and progress Baselines and forecasts prepared by EPC Contractor.
Analyzes schedule and progress trends reported by EPC Contractor.
Supports PMT with ongoing project schedule and progress analysis, reporting and forecasting activities. Periodically updates Onshore Level 1 schedule to incorporate schedule updates from various EPC packages.
Develops and maintains overall project schedules and ensuring that these products reflect the approved project design/execution scope. Periodically monitors interfaces that are common to multiple EPC packages and liaise with project teams to mitigate any adverse trends.
Responds to ad hoc requests from PMT related to Scheduling and Reporting, including development of progress metrics, and/or key performance indicators.
Ensure PMT and Contractors are working towards the correct priorities and schedules have clear Critical Path & Sub Critical Paths to allow for timely sequenced start-up of the facilities as defined in the Management Control Schedule.
Reviews productivity frequently to ensure Contractor can achieve the plan and advises when slippages are seen in Productivity Factor (PF) or Schedule Performance Index (SPI).
- Bachelor degree Business related subject or equivalent exprience.
Knowledge and/or Experience
- Minimum of 12 years' experience in a major project environment within the oil and gas industry, with exposure in planning, cost and risk management including project controls, cost and schedule development.
- Experience of working with National Oil Companies or International Oil Companies will be an advantage.
Technical and Business Skills
- Excellent written and verbal English skills.
- Strong planning, organisational and prioritising skills.
- Strong negotiating and influencing skills.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good computer literacy skills (Primavera P6, Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Hands on working experience in Primavera P6 Version 18 and above.
- Good knowledge of using Primavera Schedule Risk Analysis software for conducting Schedule Risk Analysis.