Lead Civil & Structural Engineer
Key Job Accountabilities
Key Result Areas:
- Provide leadership, coaching and guidance to the EPC contractor.
- Demonstrate visible safety program leadership.
- Plan and schedule work (short term and long term) and ensure execution of work per plan.
- Maintain design integrity and quality requirements through the management of change and specification deviation processes.
- Maintain full project chronology of civil and structural engineering design revisions (including cause / effect data), for use in contract administration.
- Ensure issuance of high quality AFC deliverables on schedule to Construction.
- Successfully execute information management requirements throughout project life.
- Apply and capture lessons learned related to project engineering activities.
- Engage resources outside the PMT on a timely basis to resolve engineering issues.
Operating Environment, Framework and Boundaries:
- Project core values that strives to achieve best in class Safety, Health, Environmental & Security performance.
- Show dynamism with high expectations for flawless project execution in safety, quality, cost and schedule performance. Demonstrate accuracy, initiative and the ability to multi-task as essential skills.
- High visibility, large capital expenditure project with significant execution schedule pressure.
- Well established policies and procedures, with high expectations for business controls compliance and awareness to meet changing needs.
- Sensitivity to diverse, multicultural environments in engineering, fabrication, field construction and operations.
- Continuous improvement approach to build on best practices and lessons learned.
- Significantly complex internal and external interfaces to coordinate.
Communications and Working Relationships:
- Effective team player that collaborates well with the onshore , the broader project team, venture, contractors and external parties.
- Leads by example and demonstrates high integrity in all dealings. Builds credibility with peers and effectively uses their time.
- Prepares high quality written documents and makes effective oral presentations.
- Sensitive to cultural differences and effective communicating with individuals for whom English is not their native language.
- Mentor young Qatari engineers in the project team.
- Identifies potential problems early and develops action/mitigation plans that consider available options and balance of stakeholder issues.
- Brings experience to bear in solving complex problems in less familiar situations.
- Understands inter-discipline relationships and works toward general interest results.
- Creates high quality, accurate work products in a timely fashion with minimal supervisory guidance.
- Develops safe, fit-for-purpose technical solutions that meet the intent of project requirements.
- Bachelor Degree in Civil Engineering
- Professional registration with accredited Regulatory Body desirable (PE, C.Eng., EUR ING, or equivalent)
Knowledge and/or Experience
- Minimum of 15 years' experience in EPC projects, in civil/structural discipline including detailed design and construction phases
- Experience in Oil & Gas Facilities, especially LNG facilities and or large utilities systems
- Knowledge in geotechnical, foundations design, drainage, precast concrete, steel structures
- Experience in tank foundations design
Technical and Business Skills
- Excellent written English and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Experience working in multicultural environments.
- Fluent with common software applications including Microsoft Office, Sharepoint, etc