I&C / Automation Specialist
I&C / Automation Specialist
The I&C / Automation Specialist will be responsible for the delivery of all aspects of Instrumentation, Controls, and Automation design and equipment technical and execution definition, selection, and design, including planning for Detailed Design, Procurement, Installation, and Testing / Commissioning. Responsible for ensuring that related technical requirements (e.g. project specifications, data sheets, etc.) developed during FEED fully comply with project requirements. Provides oversight of the FEED contractor's and Main Instrumentation and Control Contractor (MICC) production of associated deliverables within project budget and schedule.
Key Job Accountabilities
- Knowledgeable of Facilities and Instrumentation, Controls, and Automation engineering execution plans, procedures, objectives, and overall job requirements.
- Verifies that the FEED contractor staffs the Instrumentation, Controls, and Automation team with adequate numbers of qualified personnel.
- Verifies that the FEED contractor employs the appropriate Instrumentation, Controls, and Automation design tools, including computer hardware and software.
- Verifies that the FEED contractor adheres to all appropriate Instrumentation, Controls, and Automation specifications and standards.
- Verifies that the FEED contractor provides all contract documents for Instrumentation, Controls, and Automation scope, including those referred to in the contract.
- Broad and extensive knowledge of:
- Design standards, specifications, codes, and appropriate safety criteria
- Offshore facilities and structures design, construction, and operations
- Engineering administration
- Bachelors or Masters Degree in related Electrical, Instrumentation, Controls, and Automation engineering discipline.
20+ years of closely related professional experience, 10+ years of which should be at the senior project engineering / engineering supervision level with overall responsibility for engineering execution
Knowledge and/or Experience
- Strong organizational, management, and technical judgment skills
- Ability to adapt to tight deadlines, heavy workloads, and frequent changes in priorities
- Make decisions in the general interest while pursuing business results
- Prepare contingency plans for the unexpected (pro-active, forward-looking)
- Proactively and continuously grow technical expertise in Instrumentation, Controls, and Automation engineering disciplines
- Strong leadership, influencing, and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational, coordination, planning, and interface skills
- Excellent communication skills and ability to read, write, and speak fluent English
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite of software programs, Lotus Notes, etc.
Willing and able to travel as required.
Applying for the job
There are various ways to apply for this position:
- Apply direct from the website (www.tecgroup.net) by clicking "apply now"
- Contact the consultant directly: