Head Piping Engineer
- The Piping Engineering Head is responsible for all project activities related to piping engineering. He will steward Piping engineering activities to ensure quality and timely delivery of piping engineering scope. Drive the EPC contractor by providing clear guidance and facilitating resolution to issues to complete piping engineering activities.
Job Context & Major Challenge(s)
- Very large Piping scope, large pipe sizes, large valves, cryogenic systems, high pressure steam, high pressure sour gas services; must be a strong communicator and team player, interacts closely with other discipline engineers to complete multi-discipline engineering activities.
Safety Health & Environment
- Ensure all activities are undertaken in compliance with Company Safety, Health and Environment and Quality policies, regulations and standards.
- Bachelors of Science in Mechanical Engineering.
Knowledge and/or Experience
- Minimum of ten (15) years broad experience in all project phases i.e. engineering, procurement, and construction, with at least five (5) years specific involvement in major Oil and Gas process facilities, preferably LNG design engineering and execution through handover to Owner.
- Requires demonstrated broad Piping equipment and systems experience (Engineering tools, Pipe Stress Analysis, 3D Modelling, piping design, cryogenic pipe and valve design) and familiarity with relevant industry codes
- Demonstrated project engineering/reporting skills are of important in this position.
- Experience with Contractors, vendors and sub-vendors, in particular those involved in the construction of onshore facilities.
- Minimum 5 years living/working outside home country (expat status).
Technical and Business Skills
- Able to quickly assimilate/understand/interpret the details of the Project Commercial and Technical requirements.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.