Head of Materials & Preservation
Head of Materials & Preservation
Provide front line safety and technical leadership. Ensuring safe effective and efficient execution of site material management activities in accordance with the project schedule and compliance to quality and technical standards.
Supporting the EPC Contractor Area Leadership team. Ensuring EPC Contractor manages activities within assigned area safely and efficiently. Company responsible person and focal point for assigned geographical area.
Provide oversight and guidance to the EPC field management team ensuring compliance to field material management procedures. Ensure material management, advanced work packing, and equipment preservation processes/systems are operational and effective. Verifying equipment and materials are received issued for fabrication and/or installation to support the project construction schedule.
Supporting the Company Division Construction Managers and Heads of Construction in resolving material supply constraints. Proactive and timely issues resolution with Contractor's materials fabrication and construction work face planning teams.
(Duties include but not limited to)
Refer to general accountability below
- Providing visible safety leadership and care for people across Company and Contractor/Sub-Contractor organisations.
- Ensure Contractor procedures are compliant to Qatar Energy LNG minimum standards and agree contractual terms and conditions.
- Provide technical guidance to the Contractor and Company teams.
- Establish/maintain relationships, communications and coordination with contractor and company functional teams (safety, quality, construction, commissioning, engineering, business etc).
- Ensure effectiveness of Contractor material management process and systems.
- Review and monitor Contractor delivery of materials in line with L3/4 schedule.
- Identify and communicate delta between required on site v expected on site to expediting, construction and business teams.
- Ensuring Advanced Work Packing compliance.
- Identification, and resolution of material constraints to support work package and schedule delivery.
- Review and monitor site receiving and overage shortage and damage reports ensuring actions are transferred by Contractor procurement team.
- Oversight of surplus and material return process.
- Ensure Contractor receives and tracks spare parts commissioning spares etc
- Confirm any spares and specialist tools to be handed to company are tracked and handover process is followed.
- Support Contractor movement of materials to / from storage/laydown and fabrication to ensure alignment with construction sequence and schedule.
- Ensure Contractor preservation process and system is operational, preservation activities are identified and completed in compliance with manufacturers and/or Contractor's requirements.
- Review of Contractor weekly, monthly reports, responsible for close out of Company site material management actions
- Perform reviews and audits to assess the effectiveness of the Contractors procedures processes and systems.
- Ensure Contractor complies with waste management and environmental management plans.
Job Context & Major Challenge(s)
- Work in a highly visible project environment managing safe schedule delivery within lump sum contractual framework.
- Managing leading and communication with multi-cultural teams with diverse cultures and behaviours.
- Manage material control within a large area-based project ensuring effective management of contractor including external and internal interfaces.
- Multiple technical and non-technical interfaces
- Working with a large EPC Contractor, organized as a Joint Venture requiring close coordination and interaction.
- Lead direct and influence EPC contractor in all issues related to site material management to assure delivery of the project milestones to achieve schedule.
Technical and Business Skills
- Expertise in managing material control systems and process.
- Ability to read and translate approved for construction drawings.
- Ability to use Navis works (3D model)
- Ability to work within document control systems reviewing, consolidating, and approving technical and project documents.
- IT literacy: Word, Excel, PDF, skills to support reporting,
- Ability to read and translate primavera schedules.
- Ability to work within advanced work packing and completions systems
- Bachelor's of Science or Engineering in relevant discipline, recognised industry trade qualifications and supervisory training.
Knowledge and/or Experience
- More than (15) years proven experience - Client organizations (EPC).
- Strong material management background in construction and commissioning.
- Management experience working within large GF O&G, LNG projects.
- Proven experience with material specifications, and procedures.
- Demonstrates sound written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate at all organizational levels.
- Experience with major and first tier EPC Contractors, Sub-contractors and Vendors involved in the oil and gas industry.
LA Recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.