Head of HSE
Head of HSE
Responsible for implementing the LNG project Health & Safety (HSE) management program and ensuring the effective implementation of Contractor's HSE management system, during execution of NFPS COMP8A and COMP9 projects.
(Duties include but not limited to)
- Develop a 'Proactive Safety Culture' across Project(s) in which Safety Leadership and values drive continuous improvement and creates an environment of trust, transparency and genuine care for people
- Implement and maintain the Project Health & Safety Plan, and ensure the effective implementation of the Contractor(s) Project Health & Safety Management System including:
- HSE Risk Management Program to ensure that project-specific risks are identified, assessed, mitigated via reduced consequence and likliehood and communicated, enabling project to be executed safely and efficiently and meeting project objectives. Ensure that risks mitigations include documented method statements and Job-Safety Analyses
- HSE Audit and Verification Programs to ensure that risk controls and barriers are properly implemented. This includes regular and proactive safety inspections covering all work activity and locations.
- HSE Observation Program of ongoing work activity to identify safe and at-risk behaviours, to ensure necessary safety improvements can be identified and implemented
- HSE Training Program to ensure competency of workforce and increase awareness and understanding of safe working practices. This includes initial onboarding and induction training for all project team with periodic follow-up; supervisory development training ; task-specific training.
- Emergency Response Plan to ensure that all likely emergency response scenarios are identified, assessed and contingency measures put in place. Coordinates with Contractor Emergency Response Teams to ensuring the effective implementation of the Contractors' Emergency Response Plans
- Security Plan to ensure the security and protection of the project's people, worksites, material, equipment, plant, executed work and completed assets. Acts as the Site PMT point-of-contact for security issues. Coordinates with Contractor Security Lead to ensure that Security risk assessments are conducted; that risk management plans are established at all locations; and that all necessary security arrangements are fully implemented
- Occupational Health Program to ensure the health and wellbeing of project team
- Incident Investigation to ensure that HSE incidents, and near misses are identified, recorded, investigated and resolved to ensure safe working practices are maintained and improved.
- HSE Reporting Program using Leading & Lagging Key Performance Indicators to monitor HSE performance against objectives; and to communicate and report on HSE performance, HSE issues and risks, and developing trends to Project Management Team and all relevant stakeholders
- Actively participate in
- Lessons Learned Program to actively and continuously capture learnings from project activities; to learn from our successes and failings to identify opportunities and warning signals to improve our safety performance
- HSE Steering Committee in conjuction with PMT and Contractor management to review HSE performance and identify priorities and actions
- Maintain interfaces, including:
- COMP8A & COMP9 Project Management Team(s) to ensure that HSE issues are resolved promptly and effectively
- PMT disciplines in matters relating to HSE including training, preparation of method statements, Job-Safety Analyses, Risk Assessments, incident investigation etc
- With LNG HSE&Q group to support safety initiatives and support external assessments and reviews
- To provide continual communication, coordination and advice to the Assurance & HSE Division Manager, HSE Advisor and COMP8A & COMP9 Project Manager(s) on project HSE performance and the HSE performance of the EPC Contractor(s) and subcontractors.
- To conduct other HSE related tasks as directed by NFPS Compression Assurance & HSE Division Manager
Job Context & Major Challenge(s)
- Communication and influencing of various organizations in a multi-cultural environment
- High visibility to Project Management Team(s) and EPC Contractor(s). Recognizes that errors have significant impact on external stakeholders
Technical and Business Skills
- Excellent written and verbal English language communication skills.
- Ability to manage development and implementation of Safety Management Systems adapted to Oil & Gas industry.
- Requires strong analytical, organisational and planning skills
- Well-developed interpersonal skills and the ability to influence decisions using presentation, negotiation and facilitation skills.
- Ability to interact with project management team and Contractors confidently.
- NEBOSH Diploma in Occupational Health & Safety or equivalent
- ISO 45001 Safety Auditor qualification or equivalent preferred
Knowledge and/or Experience
- Minimum of 12 years broad experience in execution of major oil & gas projects, including at least 8 years involvement in the construction of major offshore facilities.
- Minimum of 8 years experience in a supervisory capacity of Health & Safety management
- Minimum 6 years experience working in offshore brownfield construction facilities
LA Recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.