Head Electrical Engineer
- The Electrical Engineering Head is responsible for all project activities related to electrical engineering. He will steward electrical engineering activities to ensure quality and timely delivery of electrical engineering scope. Drive the EPC contractor by providing clear guidance and facilitating resolution to issues to complete electrical engineering activities.
Job Context & Major Challenge(s)
- Very large electrical scope, must be a strong communicator and team player, interacts closely with other discipline engineers to complete multi-discipline engineering activities.
- Bachelors of Science in Electrical Engineering.
Knowledge and/or Experience
- Minimum of ten (15) years broad experience in all project phases i.e. engineering, procurement, and construction, with at least five (5) years specific involvement in major Oil and Gas process facilities, preferably LNG design engineering and execution through handover to Owner.
- Requires demonstrated broad Electrical equipment and systems experience (VFD, transformers, switchgear, power management systems and electrical controls) and familiarity with relevant manufacturing processes and relevant industry codes
- Demonstrated project engineering/reporting skills are of important in this position.
- Experience with Contractors, vendors and sub-vendors, in particular those involved in the construction of onshore facilities.
- Minimum 5 years living/working outside home country (expat status).
Technical and Business Skills
- Able to quickly assimilate/understand/interpret the details of the Project Commercial and Technical requirements.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.