Head Civil Engineer
- The Civil Engineering Head is responsible for all project activities related to civil engineering. He will steward civil engineering activities to ensure quality and timely delivery of civil engineering scope. Drive the EPC contractor by providing clear guidance and facilitating resolution to issues to complete civil engineering activities.
Safety Health & Environment
- Ensure all activities are undertaken in compliance with Company Safety, Health and Environment and Quality policies, regulations and standards.
Job Context & Major Challenge(s)
- Very large civil scope, large foundations, many buildings, LNG berths; must be a strong communicator and team player, interacts closely with other discipline engineers to complete multi-discipline engineering activities.
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering.
Knowledge and/or Experience
- Minimum of ten (15) years broad experience in all project phases i.e. engineering, procurement, and construction, with at least five (5) years specific involvement in major Oil and Gas process facilities, preferably LNG design engineering and execution through handover to Owner.
- Requires demonstrated broad Civil equipment and systems experience (Engineering tools, LNG Tanks, LNG Berths, Buildings, Large foundations, drainage system design) and familiarity with relevant industry codes
- Ability to understand and review geotechnical reports, along with interpretations and recommendations.
- Demonstrated project engineering/reporting skills are of important in this position.
- Experience with Contractors, vendors and sub-vendors, in particular those involved in the construction of onshore facilities.
- Demonstrate a reasonable level of the construction knowledge and processes, to ensure that engineering where required takes constructability into account
- Minimum 5 years living/working outside home country (expat status).
Technical and Business Skills
- Able to quickly assimilate/understand/interpret the details of the Project Commercial and Technical requirements.
- Able to review and assess Contractors Change proposals, in terms of cost and schedule
- Able to review progress reports and recommend solutions to remedy shortcomings
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.