- Responsible for the planned maintenance, repair, overhaul, inspection and certification of the following equipment:
- Offshore pedestal cranes
- Overhead Cranes
- Fixed lifting Equipment
- Mechanical handling equipment
- Supervision of the performance of all Firm's disciplines on site.
- Supervision of the performance of site repair work / ad hoc work carried out on the above equipment.
- Prepare lifting plans / risk assessments for approval. Complicated lifting plans to be prepared by Engineering.
- Report directly to the Service Manager any subordinate / personnel issues.
- Liaise directly with the Service Manager for technical support / lifting plans / risk assessments / equipment status reports.
- Issue a daily written report to the Service Manager advising work carried out and proposed activities for the following day.
- Carrying out toolbox safety talks as and when required.
- Promotion of Firm's skillset to clients offshore.
- It is mandatory that the incumbent is familiar with, and follows the company's health, safety, environment and quality management system and takes an active part in the compliance and improvement of the management systems.
- The incumbent must report any accidents, incidents, near misses, actual or potential problems with products, services or systems according to the management system processes/procedures.
- The incumbent also has legal responsibilities under country-specific health, safety and/or environmental legislation to follow all company policies, procedures, guidelines, control measures, signage and permit conditions and to know what to do in an emergency.
- The incumbent is also responsible for the health and safety arrangements of subordinates (if any) and for any persons visiting them while on the company premises.
Qualifications and experience
- Recognised Trade Apprenticeship in Mechanical Maintenance
- Advantageous to hold certification in Mechanical NVQ Level 3 (or equivalent)
- Experience in the completion of planned maintenance activities on offshore cranes
- Experience in the completion of fault finding and repair of offshore cranes
- The ability to read technical drawings and converse on a technical level with onshore support staff.
- Be computer literate with the ability to complete and submit accurate trip reports
- Be able to read technical drawings and converse on a technical level with onshore support.