Cost Estimating Lead
Cost Estimating Lead
The Lead Cost Estimator coordinates with the NFPS Project Team & Contractors for the development of all Classified and Unclassified Cost Estimates and Estimate Confidence Packages. Monitors the Contractor's performance in the area of cost estimating and control and provides advice as necessary to make certain the Company's objectives are achieved. Delivers the cost estimating plan for the NFPS Compression Project. The position will develop, communicate, and implement the cost estimate process and coordinate the development and stewardship of estimate Plans for Compression.
(Duties include but not limited to)
- Prepares classified / unclassified estimates during EPC phase
- Understands WBS process for developing the Estimation Cost Breakdown Structure.
- Review the change proposals from the contractors and develops internal cost estimates for changes
- Develop measures and reporting system aligned with bench marking to achieve pacesetter levels
- Can develop take-offs from Civil, Structural, Piping ,Electrical Single Line and Process & Instrumentation Drawings (P&ID's) applies appropriate rates to prepare cost estimates
- Subject Matter Expert on Cost Estimating. Assists Project Teams with the implementation and stewardship of Project Controls Documents and Systems
- Coordinates with Project Team for the development of all Classified and Unclassified Cost and Schedule Estimates together with Estimate Confidence Packages.
- Capable of prioritizing workload while handling multple-estimating tasks simultaneously.
- Participates in gathering and recording lessons learned for the project.
- Interfaces with various project teams and departments on resolving related issues that requires effective communication, initiative, flexibility and an ability to induce collaboration.
- Conducts briefing sessions for project team members with respect to cost estimating and control requirements and processes.
Job Context & Major Challenge(s)
- Understand the key project drivers, define roles and responsibilities, develop communication protocols, identify, develop and implement project procedures for cost estimating.
- The prime objective of cost estimating is to improve project performance by anticipating issues, avoiding negative situations and reducing the frequency of poor outcomes.
- Embedded robust cost estimating practices have been shown to contribute to the consistent delivery of successful projects.
Bachelor degree in Engineering or Business degree related subject or equivalent experience.
Knowledge and/or Experience
Minimum 10 years' experience in a major project environment within the oil and gas industry, with exposure in business management including project controls, cost and schedule development, tender preparation and contract management and 3 years supervising multi discipline and multi-cultural teams and as Lead of cost estiamting for mega projects.
LA Recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.