Civil & Structural Head EPC-2
Civil & Structural Head EPC-2
- Responsible for overseeing Civil/Structural engineering discipline and EPC Contractor in delivery of all aspects of civil/structural design to ensure technical objectives are met within the approved scope, budget and schedule. Ensures technical requirements such as project specifications, data sheets, procedures, etc. developed during EPC fully comply with project requirements.
- Provide clear guidance to the EPC contractor and facilitate resolution of technical issues to complete civil/structural engineering activities to meet project objectives and milestones.
- Provide engineering surveillance on EPC civil/structural deliverables.
- Monitor discipline schedule and progress.
Key Job Accountabilities
Key Result Areas:
- Provide leadership, coaching and guidance to the EPC contractor.
- Demonstrate visible safety program leadership.
- Plan and schedule work (short term and long term) and ensure execution of work per plan.
- Maintain design integrity and quality requirements through the management of change and specification deviation processes.
- Maintain full project chronology of civil and structural engineering design revisions (including cause / effect data), for use in contract administration.
- Ensure issuance of high quality AFC deliverables on schedule to Construction.
- Successfully execute information management requirements throughout project life.
- Apply and capture lessons learned related to project engineering activities.
- Engage resources outside the PMT on a timely basis to resolve engineering issues.
Operating Environment, Framework and Boundaries:
- Project core values that strives to achieve best in class Safety, Health, Environmental & Security performance.
- Show dynamism with high expectations for flawless project execution in safety, quality, cost and schedule performance. Demonstrate accuracy, initiative and the ability to multi-task as essential skills.
- High visibility, large capital expenditure project with significant execution schedule pressure.
- Well established policies and procedures, with high expectations for business controls compliance and awareness to meet changing needs.
- Sensitivity to diverse, multicultural environments in engineering, fabrication, field construction and operations.
- Continuous improvement approach to build on best practices and lessons learned.
- Significantly complex internal and external interfaces to coordinate.
Communications and Working Relationships:
- Effective team player that collaborates well with the onshore PMT, the broader project team, venture, contractors and external parties.
- Leads by example and demonstrates high integrity in all dealings. Builds credibility with peers and effectively uses their time.
- Prepares high quality written documents and makes effective oral presentations.
- Sensitive to cultural differences and effective communicating with individuals for whom English is not their native language.
- Mentor young Qatari engineers in the project team.
- Bachelor Degree in Civil Engineering
- Professional registration with accredited Regulatory Body desirable (PE, C.Eng., EUR ING, or equivalent)
Knowledge and/or Experience
- Minimum of 15 years' experience in EPC projects, in civil/structural discipline including detailed design and construction phases
- Experience in Oil & Gas Facilities, especial LNG Storage and Loading
- Knowledge in geotechnical, foundations design, drainage, precast concrete, steel structures, LNG berth design
- Experience in large LNG tank foundations design an advantage